What will you improve in your favorite product? How many uber rides are taken on new years’ eve? How will you prioritize competing features? How do you know if a product is well designed? How do you say no to someone? Describe the last conflight you had and how you handled it? In this session you will learn how to answer these questions and more.
Product Management is not an exact science. There is no degree or certificate for it. Most often, people accidentally land into it and hence it is also called accidental profession. In this session, I will help you make your success more predictable by sharing tricks of the trade.
No matter how people land up as product manager, its a fascinating field and product managers are respected for their knowledge, command and influence. Building a product and taking it to success, is an incredibly fulfilling journey and I will be happy to help you get on this route.
As a designer turner entrepreneur turned developer turned product manager, I have gone through this journey and want everyone to learn from it.
In this session, I will cover the following:
- Day in the life of a PM
- Project Managers vs Product Managers
- Skills a product manager should have
- Gaining the experience that matters
- Technical and Design experience that you will need and how to learn
- Transitioning from engineer to Product Manager
- Transitioning from designer to Product Manager
- Transitioning from other roles
- How to pick a good side project
- What makes a good Resume
- Answering case questions
- Answering behavioural questions
- Answering estimation questions
- Answering product questions
- How to hunt for job
I will be sharing a ready reference guide, containing:
- a list of common questions and their answers
- few sample resumes
- opinions and tips from Google, Facebook, Alibaba Product Managers
- sites and groups to follow
Please note: Webinar url will be emailed to you post your registration and 1 hour prior to the webinar.
Who can attend this webinar?
Anyone can but only the beginners or folks who are aspiring to become a product manager will truly benefit.
What can I bring into the event?
Well, anything that you need to learn. I suggest, a laptop, notepad, a pen and a receptive mind.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
No refund please.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?